11:00 - 18:00
Early: £7 +£3. Late: £10 +£5
We’d like to invite you to come to the Kraken Grapplefest on Sunday 24th April. This is a great opportunity for anybody (both junior and adult) wanting to test their skills and get practice in for future competition and is the perfect first stepping stone if you have a hope of competing at a higher level in the future, or simply if you have no desire to compete at a high level but would just like to test your skills within a controlled environment.
- Gold, Silver & Bronze medals to be won!
- This is an in-house competition only allowing other Kraken members to compete. This ensures that we know all those competing and can ensure that everybody is matched up as closely and fairly as possible in terms of age, weight and ability.
- Spectators are encouraged! Whether this be to enjoy the show, support your children/friends or if you’re toying with the idea of competing. With spectators you get to experience many emotions that virtually all fighters have to learn to deal with. For example, it’s perfectly normal to be nervous – it’s just learning how to deal with them. The more you can put yourself in a competitive environment the easier it becomes!
- You may compete in Gi, Nogi and Absolute divisions. Brackets will hopefully be ready the day before.
- We will be following the IBJJF ruleset, point scoring and legal submissions.
- Join us for a big meal (and maybe a few cheeky drinks!) in the evening at The Woolpack! Menu is here. Let us know meal choices and pay upon registration.
As you can imagine, there are a lot of logistics for us to organise and sort, making timings very hard to predict. This is further complicated by not knowing how long each fight will last in the case of submissions etc. Therefore we would be very grateful if you could be patient with us and plan to be at the event for the duration to show your support for the other fighters too. We will do our utmost to ensure that this event runs as smoothly as possible. Ending time is an estimate and will depend on the number of entries! Again, we’ll have a better idea after the registration deadline.
Please register and pay at reception (cash only). We will also need you weight (will also be checked on competition day). Registration deadline is Sunday 17th April! No late entries will be excepted. Early bird (until 11th) entry fee is £7 for one division and £3 for each additional. Late entry fee (after 11th) is £10 for one division and £5 for each additional.